DISTRICT ATTORNEY | RAPIDES PARISH
Phillip Terrell believes in justice for violent criminals, respect for all victims, and hope for those who deserve a second chance. As our District Attorney for the past 6 years, he has used these guiding principles to build a justice system that keeps Rapides Parish safe and our families strong.
As our District Attorney, Phillip has:
- Built a fair, accessible and experienced team of prosecutors.
- Established a Youth Task Force to reduce youth crime and truancy.
- Prosecuted those who prey on children or commit crimes against the elderly.
- Prioritized safety and justice for victims of family violence.
- Managed cases involving substance abuse with compassion and sound judgement.
- Provided rapid response to cases involving fraud related to the COVID 19 crisis.
About Phillip Terrell
- Has served as your Rapides Parish District Attorney for 6 years
- Presided as Pineville City Judge for almost 18 years
- Worked as the Pineville City Prosecutor and City Attorney for 7 years
- Practiced law in Rapides Parish for over 31 years
- Member of the Red River Delta Law Enforcement Commission for 17 years
- Lifetime NRA Member
- Phillip is a graduate of Louisiana College and LSU Law Center
- Phillip and his wife, Vicki, attend Calvary Baptist Church and are the parents of three children: Megan, Shelby and Mason.
As your District Attorney, our office will:
- Continue to prosecute violent criminals to the fullest extent of the law
- Advocate for victims and families of violent crimes, who are often forgotten in the criminal justice system
- Pursue and strengthen relationships between the District Attorney’s Office and law enforcement agencies
- Expand our collaborative school Truancy Program that has proven successful in keeping at risk children attending school regularly
- Advance our model D.A. Diversion Program which allows nonviolent first-time offenders the opportunity to seek appropriate mental health or substance abuse treatment in lieu of serving jail time.